Tips to follow when bleaching at home
- Brush and floss well before inserting the trays into the mouth.
- Fill the trays with the bleaching gel about one third of the way up and place it in the front part of the tray.
- Insert the trays in the mouth and keep them in place as long as necessary, according to the dentist’s instructions.
- Remove the trays after the required time. Rinse the trays well and clean them with a toothbrush, gently so as not to tear the tray.
- When bleaching, avoid foods that stain such as red wine, blueberries, tomato sauce, coffee, cola, etc. It is not recommended to smoke while bleaching.
- During the whitening process, your teeth and gums may become sensitive. If the sensitivity becomes intolerable, stop the bleaching for one or two days. If the pain persists, contact the dentist to let him know.
- The final result is very variable and depends on several factors. To obtain better results, it is necessary to insist more, increasing the contact time of the peroxide on the teeth and the frequency of use, in some cases up to several months.